Wednesday, April 17, 2013

BzzAgent Review: Kroger Private Selection Upside Down Cake

Product review time! I love trying new things & I love trying things that REAL people have recommended on their blogs, Twitter, Facebook, etc.



I received a coupon (from BzzAgent) for a free, freshley baked upside down cake from Kroger! I chose the chocolate molten lava cake, because hey - who doesn't love a warm chocolate cake, covered with chocolate sauce that is oozing all over the place?? NO ONE.

Bad, blurry iPhone picture I sent to Katie to show her the gooeyness.


Pros:
  • Really easy to "bake", you just plop the plastic cake tray onto a baking sheet, bake for 14 minutes and then flip onto a plate. What is easier than that?
  • It's chocolate on chocolate on chocolate.
  • It's pretty tasty but a little too rich for my taste!
  • Easy clean-up
  • It tasted homemade - very fresh!

Cons
  • 300 calories for 1/8th of the cake. Too many calories for this girl and not worth it for the taste. Sorry, Kroger.
  • It was on the dry side, it was good but not something I would purchase again.
  • Pricey - It was free for me but normally is $12.99
Overall - it was pretty good. They have a German chocolate & apple honey flavor as well. I bet the apple would be delicious!!

1 comment:

  1. I made chocolate upside down cake yesterday. It was really good. The texture and flavor are great.

    ReplyDelete